ENTREC | Community Support
Committed to the supporting and building our communities.
At ENTREC, we strive to help and improve the communities where we work and live – in fact, it's one of our core values. Not only are we, as an organization, happy to support local events and contribute to worthwhile causes, we are also proud that many of our employees are actively involved in our communities as well.
Recent highlights include:
- Donating time and equipment for community projects - such as a picker truck and operator to help build a playground at a local school.
- Sponsoring rural tractor pulls where employees compete.
- Sponsoring local sports teams including a women’s hockey team from northern B.C., and the Team Alberta Aboriginal Midget Hockey Team.
- Numerous initiatives that allow individuals to "do good" in many communities across our service area – which includes granting time off for charitable work.
- Sponsoring the incredible, 50-km-per-day run across Canada by 23-year-old employee Curtis Hargrove of Bonnyville, Alberta. Curtis’ goal was to raise $1 million for the Stollery Children’s Hospital in Edmonton. Between May and November of 2012, Curtis ran from Atlantic Canada to British Columbia. ENTREC sponsored Curtis and matched all employee contributions.
- Sponsoring several other employees who competed in fundraising marathons and extreme adventure sports.
Below is an illustrative list of some of the many organizations / charitable events that we are proud to have been involved with:
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Kids Up Front Foundation Edmonton
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Movember Campaign Supporting Prostate Cancer Initiatives
- Bonnyville Health Foundation
- Local Junior Sports Teams
- Ducks Unlimited Canada
- Canadian Foodgrains Bank